Wednesday, September 27, 2023

D is for DREAMLESS #PoetryMonth #AtoZ

April #AtoZChallenge and #PoetryMonth
 
Three goals I had in mind while writing my collection of linked poetry:
1. To celebrate my appreciation of life
2. To experience the process of writing linked poetry, a form of Japanese renshi
3. To give thanks for and better appreciate a life well-lived.
 
The flowers are a colorful bonus for the #AtoZChallenge
 
***   ***   ***

D is for Dreamless and Dandelion
 
 
 
DREAMLESS

The effort leaves her spent
filled with joy
Breathless.

She leans back
takes inventory, reveals
Satisfaction.

Dreamless, she sleeps,
gaining strength
Healing.

Preparing for what comes next
Already knowing, this child also
Will give her no rest.
 
***   ***   ***
 
Were you expecting this poem to take you in a different direction?

 

6 comments:

  1. Hi Gail - yes ... but not where you took me ... loved it - clever .. cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the combination of dreamless and the dandelion image...they fit perfectly.
    I like the unexpected direction in which the poem travelled.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice to have you visit, Michelle. I guess floating dreamless like a dandelion blowing away with the wind . . .

    ReplyDelete