Wednesday, October 4, 2023

J is for JOIE DE VIVRE #PoetryMonth

April #AtoZChallenge and #PoetryMonth
 
Three goals I had in mind while writing my collection of linked poetry:
1. To celebrate my appreciation of life
2. To experience the process of writing linked poetry, a form of Japanese renshi
3. To give thanks for and better appreciate a life well-lived.
 
The flowers are a colorful bonus for the #AtoZChallenge
 
***   ***   ***
 
 J is for Joie de vivre and Jasmine
 
 
 
Facing forward
with expectant wonder,
she counts crystals in each
purple drop
of rain. 
Thunderous silence
fills her mind with lightning,
trapping future visions in
the pulsing beat
of time. 
Joie de vivre is coursing
through her bloodstream,
soothing rhythms
casting yet
another fate. 
While moonlight
focuses on wave-tossed
beaches, and trade winds
circle ever-changing,
near horizons. 
 
***   ***   ***
 
Life moves forward whether we keep up with it or not. Some days it is difficult to match "wants" with ability. On those days, I've found that it is better to sit back and let some things pass me by.

Have you ever been left with more plans then energy at the end of your day?
 
 

 

10 comments:

  1. I love the word JOIE DE VIVRE!
    ...more plans then energy at the end of my day? Yes. I'm always 'on the go' and there are so many things I still want to do.
    Writer In Transit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Much of our energy comes from the joy we derive from our activities, Michelle. But there is just so much energy to go around, no matter how much joy we experience

      Delete
  2. Joie de vivre--so perfect. I remind myself of that at least once a week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Experiencing the joy each day is well-worth a reminder at intervals, Jacqui.

      Delete
  3. Joie de Vivre is a great term for the Jayday! Charming imagery in the poetry.

    Energy that doesn't match plans? - all the time, nearly, even though all I plan on is being a couch potato. :)

    Nilanjana
    Madly-in-Verse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are successfully participating in the April AtoZChallenge, Nilanjana, so I doubt you are a couch potato (or do you sit all day with your computer in your lap!) Sounds okay to me!

      Delete
  4. I wake up grateful every day. Helps that I'm retired now. The days go by quickly though. Good poem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Sue, retirement does make it easier to wake up grateful. I love setting my own hours.

      Delete
  5. Hi Sue - yes often ... I have lots to do and some energy - but not enough to get up and do!! Joie de Vivre - summer cometh that's a wonder to enjoy ... cheers Hilary

    http://positiveletters.blogspot.co.uk/2017/04/l-is-for-legendary-beasts-of-britain.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hilary, if it is any consolation, living in a year-round warm climate doesn't mean more energy - just more hours of light to work toward accomplishing each day's goals.

      Delete