Saturday, October 7, 2023

M is for MOLDING DESTINY #PoetryMonth

April #AtoZChallenge and #PoetryMonth
 
Three goals I had in mind while writing my collection of linked poetry:
1. To celebrate my appreciation of life
2. To experience the process of writing linked poetry, a form of Japanese renshi
3. To give thanks for and better appreciate a life well-lived.
 
The flowers are a colorful bonus for the #AtoZChallenge
 
***   ***   ***
 
 M is for Molding Destiny and Morning Glory

 
 
Molding Destiny

 
A fallacy,

both the molding

and the destiny

 

The master plan

includes free will,

without restriction

 

No ending

is pre-arranged

by calendar date:

 

Play here

Marry over there

Die on schedule

 

Rather: follow

what your heart

beats in time.

 ***   ***   ***
 
This is my favorite poem in the entire collection. I've given myself such wonderful advice: follow what your heart beats in time.
Live at your own pace. Is that a goal worth setting?
 
 
 
 

8 comments:

  1. Love this poem. Live at your own pace, something I am learning to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not an easy lesson to follow though, is it? I keep working at it, also.

      Delete
  2. I love that--free will. It changes everything, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gail - such a great thought ... we can't live at someone else's pace ... if only we could take that on board when we talk with others ... it's something I try and remember: to see what is going on in their lives, but live in my own world appreciating their thoughts ... have a happy Easter - cheers Hilary

    http://positiveletters.blogspot.co.uk/2017/04/m-is-for-melton-mowbray-market-national.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Hilary. Hope you enjoyed a relaxing Easter, too.

      Delete
  4. Wow Gail, i love free will, its a necessity
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Tina, it is difficult to imagine living without it.

      Delete