Friday, October 6, 2023

L is for LACK OF MOTION #AtoZ Poetry

April #AtoZChallenge and #PoetryMonth
 
Three goals I had in mind while writing my collection of linked poetry:
1. To celebrate my appreciation of life
2. To experience the process of writing linked poetry, a form of Japanese renshi
3. To give thanks for and better appreciate a life well-lived.
 
The flowers are a colorful bonus for the #AtoZChallenge
 
***   ***   ***
 
L is for Lack of Motion and Lilacs
 
 
 
 
LACK OF MOTION 
Lack of motion
Limited sight
Slow breathing
 
Diminished thought
Absence of concern
Exhalation of relief
 
All this and more
As one accepts release
Falling gradually
or fast
Time and again
With ever increasing pleasure
 
Into nightly blessed sleep.
 
***   ***  ***
Just reading the words makes me sleepy. I've never suffered from insomnia so it is easy to take a good night's sleep for granted, although a scheduled talk next morning will have me tossing and turning through the night. What keeps you awake?

 

8 comments:

  1. Hi Gail - I'm lucky I'm a good sleeper too - sometimes something grabs me and I wonder why I'm tossing and turning - but eventually I fall asleep - sometimes exhausted the next day ... such is life I guess ... but the poem does as you say ... I'm wandering off - I'll get some more coffee and keep myself going for the day ... I need to lively today!

    Cheers Hilary

    http://positiveletters.blogspot.co.uk/2017/04/l-is-for-legendary-beasts-of-britain.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is the restless nights that make it easier for us to be thankful for the nights of blessed sleep. Thanks for visiting, Hilary.

      Delete
  2. I think hot and humid weather keeps me awake.
    Lovely lilacs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fragrance of lilacs always bring back memories of childhood. The scent would fill the air around the house and all through the inside.

      Delete
  3. I'm definitely going to have to concentrate on your words at bedtime:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you get a good night's sleep, Sandra. Thanks for visiting today.

      Delete
  4. A beautiful description of falling asleep. It reminds me that sometimes I do feel like I'm falling when I fall asleep. (and beautiful lilacs, too!)

    ReplyDelete