Thursday, April 27, 2017

V is for VELVET AIR #PoetryMonth #AtoZ

 April #AtoZChallenge and #PoetryMonth
 
Three goals I had in mind while writing my collection of linked poetry:
1. To celebrate my appreciation of life
2. To experience the process of writing linked poetry, a form of Japanese renshi
3. To give thanks for and better appreciate a life well-lived.
 
The flowers are a colorful bonus for the #AtoZChallenge
 
***   ***   ***
 
 V is for Velvet Air and Volcan Phlox
 

 

VELVET AIR
 
With bloated hopes, you share
ideas. Each word a chosen
pearl. On velvet air,
great thoughts pour
forth. Your mind a dervish
whirl. Can greatness be so far
behind, with wisdom such
as this? Step back
enjoy
oh, wizened one, a most creative
bliss. One day, you say, a smile
in play, awards will all
be won. Your confidence wrapped
up in silk,
Blue Ribbon dreams are
Fun. 

To me, writing rhyming poetry is as much fun as
dreaming about winning a blue ribbon.
What would you compare to the art of writing poetry?
 
***   ***   ***

 

2 comments:

  1. I love rhyming...and I also love all things Seussical!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gail - something I don't do ... yet blogging friends (not met) say my writing is poetic ... and for someone who was considered 'useless' at school ... I reckon the blue ribbon is almost won! So I'm happy crafting and creating my blog posts ... cheers Hilary

    http://positiveletters.blogspot.co.uk/2017/04/w-is-for-whistlejacket.html

    ReplyDelete